Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Let the Twisting Commence!

The two rayon boucle scarves are off the loom!


This was a gifted cone of yarn. All I know is that it's a boucle and I'm 99.9% sure that it's 100% rayon. I'd describe the color as desert pastel. I used this for the warp and a celery & a coral rayon embroidery thread for the weft. 

EPI = 24
PPI = Hmmmmm. The boucle is so bumpy and the weft so fine, it sometimes dragged and snagged on the warp. I actually have a few holes created by this in the scarf with the celery weft. Once I realized that, I was very careful to keep this from happening. 


This is right off of the loom, hanging over the curtain rod with what little light that's left today showing through the weaving. I have no idea what it will look like once I've done the wet finishing.

But before I can do THAT, I have to do THIS:


Twisting the fringe. Made so much easier using the twister crafted by my son for my Christmas gift in 2012.

So I am off to finish twisting, wet finish the celery scarf and see what happens!

jodi

No comments: