I'm not too motivated today for some reason so I figure it's necessary to write up my list of must do's for the day.
- Stitch the last of the seams in the satin and press all but the seams that will be adjusted in the final fitting.
- Stitch the last of the seams in the lace with the above exception and remove all of the thread tracing.
- Attach lace skirt to satin at back and baste in the zipper.
- Baste the bodice to the skirt, check the fit and take pictures.
- Remove the basting and work on the bodice beading.
All I have left for fitting on the bodice is the lace overlay. I want to make sure I put the gathers in the right place, that the surplice is positioned right, armscye gap is corrected and the trim will be placed correctly. I won't do the side seams on that until all of those fitting areas are checked and corrected as required. At this point, it's all aesthetic checks.
Off now to start a load of laundry and head in to the workroom!