Friday, February 10, 2012

Some things are not allowed...

You know how it is when you are motoring along and you have convinced yourself that the transmission really doesn't sound funny and that crack across the windshield is not obscuring your vision? I'm like that. Think about something else, pedal to the metal and DO.NOT.THINK.ABOUT.IT.

Until the transmission is straddling the centerline and you have to stick your head out the window to see ahead of you. Then think about it.

That's where I'm at now. Thinking about it now. I have been redrafting the entire wedding gown skirt because it just didn't seem right. I was pretty sure I was ignoring it quite well until Saturday when it became painfully obvious that the grainlines were way off in the lower skirt and absent adjustment, it was going to come back and haunt me, not to mention the Bride. Add to that, I have spent weeks obsessing over the glue on the lace.

I drove to Seattle last week after work (on a Friday, which is suicide) and FOUND A PERFECT MATCH! So I have a good trim now. But can I get the old trim off of the existing bodice? No. I cut into it. And now I have to make a new one.

I am thinking of this as the practice run. Now I can go into real time. And this time, how about think about it and act on it instead of hoping it goes away.  Doesn't work in life, doesn't work in sewing.

Onward!


No comments: