Monday, February 20, 2012

Close enough to see the Finishing Line!

Who knew how little I'd have to show for 2 full days in the sewing room! All of the satin and the interlining is cut out. Each interlining has been dutifully hand stitched to it's owner. Front is darted. All of the seams are in except the center back and gore and one 2 of the panel seams. WHEW!!!

What this means is that I have about 4 seams left to do in the satin skirt. I'm leaving the side seams just basted for alterations sake. I think there are only 4 lace seams left to go. Isn't it funny that I'm not keeping track?!

I won't be doing anything until the weekend again. It's too hard to come home after work and then try and regroup for a few minutes of stitching. Heck, my iron is barelly heated up in 20 minutes and I am slower than my iron. That is a fact. :)

I have never been so glad to be done with a outlining and marking anything in my entire life. Seriously. It took me about an hour after geting all of the prep work done to sew the darts, side seams, gores etc. One hour. If this had been a traditional pattern out of the envelope with 5/8" seam allowances, I'd be done!

This is definately a labor of love. I am so fortunate, so blessed to be able to gift this to my daughter. She is the jewel of my heart. This union between her and the DBF is a triumph over cancer: over the blow it dealt them and of the grace and maturity with which they fought back. Every stitch to cloth is a celebration of adding him to our family.

jodi

No comments: