Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Placemats...

... well I learned a lot.

I cringe when I start out a critique with that statement. I did learn a lot. I did an AWESOME job planning, setting up the loom and following the pattern. But I did 2 things wrong.

1.) I got cockey and stopped measuring my pics per inch about 3-1/2 mats in. As a result, I have 2 the same size, one slightly longer and one about an inch longer.

2.) I did not get a good enough machined stitched line between the mats before cutting them apart and laundering. I should have used a narrow zig zag and left more space between the two lines. As a result, one end of ONE mat came unraveled enough that hemming is going to be a challenge. This happened on Sunday. I have fallen asleep every night thinking about the right way to fix this. I have 2 ideas and an extra mat to try out one idea on each end :) When I get this figured out, I'll post pictures.

Other than these two things, they are lovely. I am so glad my mother in law loves me and will be thrilled with whatever I present to her on Christmas morning. I know I'll be able to salvage them in some fashion.

I will be working on Saturday (good thing, Fabric Mart back shipped my plum colored knit and the bills are rolling in HA) so I won't be getting a whole lot done. My lil sis arrives from Austin, TX a week from today, so not much getting done next week. My delightful daughter arrives 2 weeks after sis leaves. Happy days ahead!

I decided not to do the "What I weigh and what I'm doing". I really am not accomplishing anything with a public flogging based on an abitrary yardstick. This is about trying to get healthier. I need to remember weight is a number. It's about changing my diet to be healthier, excercising to be stronger and improving my mental state as a result of both changes. I'm still struggling with getting back on track but won't give up. Thanks to BetsyV for reminding me what the focus really should be.

jodi

No comments: