Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday Already?

This week is passing FAST!

I have woven samples of the 8 towels and decided on "Basketweave" as the final repeat towel. It's the end of the warp and I think there is a distinct difference between the center and sides of the towel. The warp may be just a tad looser in the center and I wonder if that could be the cause.

Progress has ground to a hault as I have had to clear out of my studio area due to our heating system replacement. The installers will need to access the lines and electrical runs in the ceiling so everything had to be moved out of the way. The closet in that room will take years to reorganize: Everything of value that I didn't want left out is in there. Sad discovery when I moved the guest bed... Our chinese wool carpet has been damaged. In a foolhardy attempt to remove one of the several spots, I bleached the color out of a small area. I am going to need a professional to bring her back to her previous state of beauty when we move her back into general living quarters. Then again, who knows when that will be!?

I'm anxious to get back in the room and put everything back in its place. Not only did I have to clear out my studio, everything I store in the furnace room had to be relocated as well. I have a gift wrap center on the back wall of the furnace room and I really would rather put that in the studio, so some rearranging will definately be in order.

DD is home for the weekend so not much will get done for a week at least. I am grateful to be able to see her Pixie face. I do miss her!

1 comment:

BeeBee said...

We'll be in the Tricities area - East side of state. We lived in Puyallup for 2 years about 20 years ago.