Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More Healing?

I neglected to post this earlier to avoid worring the girl child. I fell off the step stool while being the right hand gal. I've been home for 2 days, folding fabric, doing things that don't take much effort. But mostly trying to take it easy. Back spasms + wrenched neck = crap. crap. crap. crap. crap.

Reading blogs can be time killer, an inspiration, educational/instructional. I certainly enjoyed it though!

Carolyn @ Diary of a Sewing Fanatic asked an interesting question about scrap caching. It made me really think about what goes back into the sewing room closet. She also talked about her seasonal fabric rotation. Both these helped me immensly as I went through my fabrics. About 20 lbs of fabric will not make it back in the closet.

I know at some time I will be a grandmother. That informs a lot of my stashing. Cute bunny knits? I'm keeping them. Sweet ladybug cotton? I'm keeping it. Nice brown black plaidish pant weight fabric? Keeping. Corduroy. Keeping Keeping Keeping.

And I did a fair amount of smocking and heirloom sewing when the kids were little and hope to be allowed to do some of the same for my grands. So Swiss batiste? KEEPING. Liberty of London prints? Really, don't ask! I am keeping all of it! There are a number pieces I would never stitch up for myself, but the grand babies will look quite fine in them!

The "adult" section of the closet is quite bare, though. And I don't see any reason why I can't figure something out for 75% of what I kept. My focus has narrowed and I'm pretty much running out of excuses!

I took all the towels off of the loom, stitched and cut them apart. They are doing cycle time in the dryer right now. Will post after hems are in.

Chao and off to do some stretching. Can't stay home from work forever, dang it!

jodi

No comments: