Sunday, June 29, 2008

Committed

After a long hiatus from sewing for myself, I've committed to start again. Like everything I do, I have to obsess about it for a fairly long time. I usually lose interest while I read, buy books, visit websites and collect all of the necessary tools.

Not so with this. I've done a fair amount of reading. I've bought a Dress Form that needs some work. I already have the sewing machines, the irons, scissors, notions and the rest.

So what do I lack? Fitting skills. As a teenager and young adult, I made most of my clothing. Ameturish but functional. Fitting was never an issue. The Big 4 fit like a glove.

Then I had children. I quit running. My hips and thighs conquered anything that even resemebled a "normal" shape. And my chest? It needs it's own blog...

Tomorrow the work begins. I plan on fitting the dressform cover if it takes me most of the day. I'm excited. And I hope I don't let myself down...

No comments: